Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Conflict...

I think that the media lives for conflict. To me conflict is drama. I think that our nation and world are surrounded by conflict. So of course the media is going to report it. I think that it is very important that the media reports both sides of a story and that they seek out the most reputable source they can. I think that they should keep their opinions out of it and let the story be told as it. The reason why the media might seem so wrapped up in the conflict is that that is what the public is giving them to report. But as far as thinking that conflict is a traditional news value, I would not have included it. When stated like that it makes it seem like the news media is trying to hash out problems and cause contention, but in reality I think it means reporting both sides.

No comments: