Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ethics for sale

Would I sell my ethical standards? That is a tough question. I would like to say absolutely not, never in a million years, but I can't. That would be the ideal, but the realistic answer. There are always times when a person must compromise an ethical value that they hold, whether it be to protect themselves or other people, or that the other option may be worse. It is never a clear cut and dry yes or no, right or wrong. Because we ARE dealing with the gray area, none of the issues are easy, so the question of "selling" ethical standards aren't easy either.

So my answer is that yes, sometimes I sell my ethical standards. Sometimes against my will...but it does happen.

1 comment:

Aggie Blue said...

sometimes I sell my ethical standards. Sometimes against my will...but it does happen.

An honest answer, Kat. Say more, please, if you're comfortable doing so.