Sunday, February 19, 2006

values

values
I was reading the paper this week and saw the Indiana abortion bill. It peaked my interest and I found out that the bill they are trying to pass would give Indianapolis one of the furthest reaching abortion consent laws in the country. One of the big uproars about it is mixing church and state and infringing on the doctors first amendment rights.
this bill would require doctors to tell women that life begins at conception. They would also receive info about the abortion procedure and to be informed in writing that "human life begins when a human ovum is fertilized by a human sperm." The Indiama bill would also have the women know that the fetus might be able to feel pain. Indiana is one of 29 states with "informed consent" laws. The house Republican rep. Tim Harris said that, "We in no way infringe on a woman's right to an abortion."
I don't think this is a conflict with church and state. I think that it gives the women needed information. I think the better we know and understand a situation the better choices we can make.

No comments: